Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hi, I'm Daisy

This is my first post as a new blogger.  I guess I should introduce myself.  My name is Daisy.  I live with David and Penny.  They adopted me from the Wake County SPCA, and probably saved my life, so now I try to protect theirs from all sources of danger...human or animal.  Like this morning, for example.  I took David out for his morning walk, leading him around like a puppy on a string. It had been raining all night and the ground was all wet, and it was cloudy, and damp, and foggy.  We had no sooner left the house when we encountered a large herd of deer, or maybe I should say a herd of large deer.



 We walked right up to them and they just stood there giving us the evil eye, until I woofed and chased them away. They ran like a bunch of scared rabbits...well, maybe more like a bunch of scared deer...but at least they ran.  You never know when a crazed deer might attack.  I don't think David appreciated how much danger he was in, but I knew.  We went on about our business, and after I did my business, we walked back to the house...me being ever vigilant for danger.

You can read my profile for a better idea of who I am, but basically I'm a mutt, part Australian Blue Heeler and part who-knows-what.  I don't mind being a mutt because I like to think that I possess the best traits of several breeds.  And, besides, people tell me I have a cute face.


I just heard somebody put something in my bowl. I gotta go. Talk to you later.





2 comments:


  1. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly
    Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-13.html
    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete